0

Saving Face: Tips for Flawless Skin

Posted by Sartorial Dandy on 11:28 AM in , , , ,
You only get one face (unless you're Joan Rivers), so how important is it to you? On a table in my parent's foyer is a photo of me at 13.  I had more acne than I care to remember, and after my bout with acne during that hormonal period in my life, my face had dark spots from the aftermath.  I used everything from Noxzema to Clearasil, but after doing research I discovered there are simply better products than the ones you pick up on the shelf at Wal-Mart and Target.  A very dear friend of mine turned me on to Sephora, and my face hasn't been the same since.  The consultants sort through the myriad of products, and will select the best products based on your skin type and will construct a regiment that will improve damaged skin and maintain healthy skin.  I LOVE the fact that the products contain all natural "goodies" (i.e. citrus, rosemary, willow bark, etc) and have very few synthetic ingredients.  Today many people are taken aback when they discover my age, as they often assume I'm much younger.  I have to say a healthy diet and exercise help (and perhaps some genetics), but after my visit to Sephora, I've noticed dramatic improvements to my skin.  This is an investment that you should make if you care about your skin.  Below are the products I use, and you should too if you have oily/combination skin.  If you aren't certain of your skin type or unsure as to what products are right for you, visit your local Sephora TODAY! Your skin will thank you.

  1. Boscia Clarifying Detox Mask (Use one time a week at night)
  2. Korress Wild Rose 24 Hr Moisturizer SPH 6 (Use every morning after cleansing skin *Use an SPH that corresponds with the amount of sun exposure you face on a daily basis)
  3. Boscia Smoothing Facial Polish (Use exfoliators once weekly)
  4. Korress Brightening and Illuminating Vitamin C Mask (Use one time a week at night)
  5. Perricone MD Firming Facial Toner (Use twice weekly)
  6. Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam (Use every day)
  7. Dr. Brandt r3p eye Triple Peptide Cream (Use day and night under eye after cleansing/toning regiment)
Remember you'll need a cleanser, moisturizer, toner, exfoliator, detox mask, brightening mask, and eye cream (if you have my same skin type).  Just formulate a routine that corresponds with your schedule.  Shaving your face exfoliates, and I factored that in with my skin regiment, which is why I only use my Boscia exfoliator once a week.  Sephora.com can help you determine your skin type, and it's a great idea to visit the site and jot down some products you're interested in before you visit the store.  A beauty consultant will tell you if your selected products will be most effective for your skin care needs.  Well, what are you waiting for? Visit Sephora.com today!  

SN: Finding the perfect product also involves trial and error.  So don't be afraid to try different products, and always consult a professional to help you make prudent decisions.




0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 The Perpetual All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.