0

The Perpetual "One That Got Away"

Posted by Sartorial Dandy on 3:22 AM
Well ever since I’ve walked I’ve heard men talk
about the one that got away
I’ve heard old men call
I’ve seen young men crawl
For the one that got away
And in their darkest hours
You can hear them say
I’d give all I got
For just one more shot
At the one that got away

- The Rainmakers 

Today more than ever in this aspect of my life, I feel as though God wants me to be alone.  Several failed relationships throughout my teens and twenties have become my reality check.  Okay God, I get it! In His infinite wisdom, God has a purpose for me, and damnit I intend to figure it all out.  Men always seem to have bigger fish to fry, and perhaps I wasn't "meaty" enough at first glance, so they let me go only to find the bigger catch wasn't half as fulfilling as me.  Oh well that's your loss.  So, what about this blog? That is where YOU come in.  This blog is the beginning of another journey (guess God isn't the only omnipresent spirit) for me, and I want you to come for the ride.  I'll share my triumphs and my failures throughout my life, and ask questions to really make you think.  Whether you agree or not is totally okay, and in fact I expect it.  I love a good healthy debate! So, welcome to The Perpetual "One That Got Away".  I'm free to swim in whatever waters I choose, no matter the temperature.  Thank you ex-lovers for being the witless cowards you turned out to be! 

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 The Perpetual All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.